Thursday, October 9, 2008

mp3 stuttering

I had a mp3 stuttering problem on vista and I had no idea if it was caused by a sound card malfunction, or a software or vista itself. Neither disabling sound enhancements from vista, nor updating sound card driver didn't help.

After I discovered the direct relation between mp3 stuttering and my torrent application, I googled a bit and found that playing music severely degrades network transfer performance in Vista. After that, my torrent application began to die if I try to close it and I googled a few forums about it. There was a chance that the whole problem is caused by my firewall application (zonealarm) which, few years back, did sweet surprises to me like locking edonkey up. So I kicked zonealarm and got comodo firewall and mp3 stuttering, lock-up on bittorrent goes away. I recommend trying this before mingling with windows services.

No comments:

Post a Comment