Saturday, March 7, 2009

music, movie, book recommendations from tastekid

There are lots of sites for recommending music, books or movies based on your tastes. TasteKid is one of them and it offers good recommendations (as far as my tiny number of tests proves). Usually, it returns a high number of recommendations and thus it can fetch several unsimilar results which's its achilles' heel.

TasteKid has an interesting feature. Assuming you choose to search a movie, it can recommend you similar books and music next to similar movies. It can become quite handy sometimes. For instance, I chose "Batman Begins" as my movie query. I was expecting to have "The Dark Knight", Tim Burton's Batman movies and several comic adaptations as result. TasteKid recommended me these in addition to several comic book titles which are well selected in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment